You may be running an outdated version of the Silverlight plug-in, or the plug-in may have become corrupted.
To uninstall the Silverlight plug-in:
- Quit all open browsers - including this window! You may want to print the following steps.
- Click the Finder icon from the Dock at the bottom of the screen.
- In the menu bar at the top of the screen, select Go then Computer.
- Click the Macintosh HD icon.
- Select Library.
- Select Internet Plugins.
- Drag Silverlight.plugin to your trash.
- Once you have emptied your trash, Microsoft Silverlight un-installation is complete.
To install the latest version of the Silverlight plug-in:
- Navigate to the Watch Instantly home page and click play on any title.
- Follow the prompts to download and Install Silverlight on Your Mac.
Some members may encounter the message "Silverlight.dmg cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer" when attempting to install Silverlight. This is fairly common for applications that are not downloaded from the Mac App store. If you encounter this message, continue with the following steps to complete your Silverlight installation.
- Right-click or hold Control on your keyboard and click on Silverlight.pkg.
- Click Open on the pop-up menu.
- Click Open on the prompt that says "Silverlight.pkg" is not from the Mac App Store. Are you sure you want to open it? Opening "Silverlight.pkg" will always allow it to run on this Mac.
- Follow the prompts to complete installation.